[PyQt] PyQt5 5.7: QPSQL not loaded

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Tue Nov 15 10:33:48 GMT 2016

Am 13.11.2016 um 17:42 schrieb Sibylle Koczian:
> Hello,
>
> I can't get the QPSQL driver to work any more.
>
> Versions of everything: OS is Windows 10, Python 3.5.2, PostgreSQL
> 9.6.1, PyQt 5.7 installed from PyPi, all of it 64 bit.
>
> This has worked before. I suspect the recent PostgreSQL upgrade from 9.5
> to 9.6, is that possible? Or the change from PyQt5 5.6 (Windows binaries
> from the Riverbank website) to 5.7 (wheels from PyPi)? The database
> driver dlls are present in the ...\Qt\plugins\sqldrivers of my PyQt5
> installation. Moreover I can connect to MSSql using ODBC and to MariaDB.

Something just possibly related:

When I install PyQt5 on Linux (Debian, Ubuntu) I need to include not
only the package python3-pyqt5.qtsql, but additionally packages like
libqt5sql5-psql for Postgresql, -odbc, -mysql etc. Only the -sqlite
package is installed automatically with python3-pyqt5.qtsql, I think.

So could the copy of LGPL Qt included in the wheel miss the part
necessary for PostgreSQL?

Greetings
Sibylle