[PyQt] PyQt examples on github?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Oct 14 09:17:30 BST 2016

On 13 Oct 2016, at 1:52 am, oliver <oliver.schoenborn at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't appear that the PyQt examples are available anywhere online. I often miss the ability to easily reference an example as a URL for colleagues and SO answers, or to just browser them online when looking for something. Would you object to my making the examples (which used to be in site-package/PyQt5/examples) available via github? This would also make then easily searchable for class names, constants etc which can be handy.

You might also want to add the PyQtDataVisualization and PyQtChart examples.

It's been in my mind to re-vamp the qtdemo application to include all examples and to allow browsing the source code of each one. It would be stored in a separate repo and have its own wheel. If anybody wants to take that on as a nice little project...