[PyQt] Building PyQt5.7 with Qt5.6: issues

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 26 15:18:54 BST 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:02:56 +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:

> > - sipQtCoreQRect.cpp:1552:40: error: 'const class QRect' has no member
> >   named 'transposed'
> >
> >   And indeed the transposed() method in QRect was added in Qt5.7, so
> >   it's not available in Qt5.6. See
> >   http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qrect.html#transposed.
> >
> >   More build log available at:
> >   http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/030/0306710e0f39591dba74f24aff40f7f094bcfa6e/build-end.log
> >
> > - sipQtCoreQIODevice.cpp:1627:30: error: 'const class QIODevice' has
> >   no member named 'readChannelCount'
> >
> >   sipQtCoreQIODevice.cpp:1652:30: error: 'const class QIODevice' has
> >   no member named 'writeChannelCount'
> >
> >   writeChannelCount() was also introduced in Qt 5.7, see
> >   http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qiodevice.html#writeChannelCount.
> >
> > - sipQtCoreQMetaObject.cpp:1086:30: error: 'const struct QMetaObject'
> >   has no member named 'inherits'
> >
> >   The inherits() method of QMetaObject was also added in Qt 5.7, see
> >   http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmetaobject.html#inherits
> >
> > So, is it really supported to build PyQt5.7 with Qt5.6, like the PyQt
> > website claims? Or am I reading the PyQt website incorrectly?
> >
> > Thanks for your input,
>
> The problem is that PyQt knows nothing about Qt v5.6.2 and assumes it must be a later version.
>
> As a workaround you can edit the QtCoremod.sip file and insert Qt_5_6_2 before Qt_5_7_0 in the %Timeline directive.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I've tested this, and it indeed seems to
solve the problem. At least, it solved the QIODevice issue. The other
ones probably depend on the underlying Qt configuration, I haven't yet
tested all combinations.

Will this be fixed in the next release of PyQt5 ?

Thanks again!

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons