[PyQt] I'm seeing some strange behaviour whenever I quit my PyQt5 application

Chris Pezley chris.pezley at quantumwise.com
Tue Sep 6 07:51:11 BST 2016

I don't have any clue as to why the segfault could be popping up, but it
would probably help you to generate a core dump and analyze it with gdb.
You can do that with the following steps (note you'll need to have
python compiled in debug):

1. Enable core dumps with "ulimit -c unlimited"

2. Get your program to crash

3. Open the core dump with gdb "gdb python core"

4. Use the python gdb extensions to analyze where the segfault is
happening in the python code (see
https://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb)