[PyQt] PyQt5 QtSerialPort Error "QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket specified"

Dan Arbogast arbogastdan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:49:39 BST 2016

I'm trying to use QtSerialPort for a PyQt5 project but haven't found the
magic. Right now the code seems to be opening the port fine but I'm getting
"QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket specified" error whenever I try to write
to the open port. The code is attached.

Running Ubuntu 16.04, PyQt5, Qt 5.6.0

The output from this code on my machine is:

ttyUSB0
ttyUSB1
False
True
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket specified

Any idea what is causing the QSocketNotifier error, or how to troubleshoot
it?  If you run this on your machine do you get the same error?

Thanks for any help you might share.

Dan