[PyQt] Type stubs erroneous

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Mon Sep 12 17:34:04 BST 2016

On 12 Sep 2016, at 5:21 pm, Sebastian Messmer <heinzisoft at web.de> wrote:

> I tried using the PyQt5 type stubs, but they're throwing a lot of errors.
> Will there be valid type hints or type stubs provided in a future release?
>
> This issue currently forces me to use '--silent-imports' in mypy, which disables a lot of checks I'd like to have.
>
> I found https://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2016-May/037534.html , but it didn't seem to be resolved there.

As I said in the reply to that email, I don't think is possible to create stub files for PyQt that are "valid". Personally I think that is a fault with PEP 484. If stub files are more trouble than they are worth then I will happily drop them.

What I want is somebody who knows the subject (which rules me out) to look at the issue in detail and suggest changes to make stub files useful.