[PyQt] pylupdate5: qml: Parse error in UI file

Sylvia van Os iamsylvie at openmailbox.org
Sun Apr 2 01:45:29 BST 2017

Hey everyone,

I started working on making my Python app translatable in
https://github.com/Pext/Pext/tree/i18n but I'm running into an issue
with pylupdate5.

Specifically, when inside the pext directory and running "pylupdate5
__main__.py qml/* -ts i18n/nl.ts" to try to create a Dutch translation
file in the i18n directory, I get the following error output:

XML error: Parse error at line 1, column 1 (error occurred while parsing
element).
AboutDialog.qml: Parse error in UI file
XML error: Parse error at line 1, column 1 (error occurred while parsing
element).
main.qml: Parse error in UI file
XML error: Parse error at line 1, column 1 (error occurred while parsing
element).
ModuleData.qml: Parse error in UI file

Would anyone have a clue why this happens? I couldn't find anything
online, and it doesn't seem related to the translations itself because
ModuleData.qml doesn't contain a single translatable string. The QML
also loads just fine in the app itself, so the QML is definitely valid.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Sylvia van Os