[PyQt] QMainWindow app doesn't receive focus until focus out/in on macOS

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:18:44 BST 2017

Hi there!

I m noticing that often but not always my app doesn’t appear to be the current app in the sierra window manager even though the (cmd-tab) app switcher says it is. It also doesn’t receive input events when in this state.

If I switch to another app and then back to mine everything looks and works correctly.

Something tells me this is a probably well-known bug with a window attribute or something that I am just in the dark on.

Thoughts? Thanks!
-P