[PyQt] Basic QQmlComponent question

Jim Baack jbaack at accelerantsys.com
Tue Apr 18 16:33:00 BST 2017

Phil-

Appreciate the quick response. I think the docs here http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-cppintegration-interactqmlfromcpp.html led me astray because the section "Loading QML Objects from C++" describes casting the object created from the component to its actual C++ type. It sounds like that cannot be done in the case of GridLayout.

My goal was to load the layout and various Quick 2 widgets from QML as components, then add widgets as determined at runtime to the layout dynamically. I will think about another way to accomplish this. Thanks.

Jim