[PyQt] Error Building PyQt5 from Source

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Aug 1 10:52:55 BST 2017

Hey Jamie,

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 07:17:32PM +1000, James Ross-Smith wrote:
> I've downloaded, unpacked and attempted to install PyQt5, but am running
> into errors. I've used the --qmake and --sip flags in the ./configure
> command to point to the required executables, which appears to have worked.
> I receive the following strange line when checking whether or not to build
> QtGui:
>
> Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
> Disabled QtGui features: P, y, Q, t, _, D, e, s, k, t, o, p, _, O, p, e, n,
> G, L

This looks like a bug in PyQt which is fixed in the latest development
snapshot. From the changelog:

    2017-07-16  Phil Thompson  <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

        * lib/configure.py:
        Fixed the configuration tests' handling of disabled features.
        [1a7f9ba28fed] <5.9-maint>

> Can anyone point me in the right direction? This is my first attempt at
> building packages from source and I'm a little unsure as to where to start
> trying to resolve these issues.

Try downloading the latest snapshot instead of the release from here:
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download5

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)