[PyQt] PyQt5 configure.py --enable=MODULE

Davide Pesavento pesa at gentoo.org
Sun Dec 3 20:29:51 GMT 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2017, at 2:29 am, Davide Pesavento <pesa at gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems that when passing the --enable option to configure.py,
>> check_modules() is not called. For some modules, this means that the
>> corresponding config-tests/cfgtest_* is not built and run, which
>> results in mis-detection of some Qt features and potential build
>> failures later on.
>>
>> Is this a known bug?
>
> It's not a bug. If you are specifically telling configure to build a module (rather than letting it decide) then it assumes you will do it for everything.

I'm not talking about the inter-dependencies between modules. I'm fine
with the configure not handling them. The problem is the cfgtest_*
programs and their output. There are actually two issues with them.
One being that they break cross-compilation (they cannot be run
because they're built for the target arch). And the second issue is
that they're not compiled/executed when --enable=MODULE is specified,
so qt features such as opengl support can be mis-detected.

Thanks,
Davide