[PyQt] Create PyQt apps in minutes, not months

Barry barry at barrys-emacs.org
Thu Dec 21 20:48:17 GMT 2017

> On 21 Dec 2017, at 06:29, Michael Herrmann <michael at herrmann.io> wrote:
>
>> On 20 December 2017 at 20:14, Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I’ve been using hockeyapp to manage beta & release versioning and crash reporting, and it also has a feed for sparkle.
>
> Wow, HockeyApp looks great. I hadn't heard of it before.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support Windows < 10, or Linux. If
> it did, I'd totally use it.

Mac, windows and linux systems represent unique install challenges.

I have always maintain each installs for each target using what ever tool works for me.

On windows I used my own win-app-packager (on PyPi) with inno installer.
I used to use meinc_installer but that is limited  to py2.
On mac I use py2app and other tools to create a .dmg file.
On fedora I use RPM and Mock to creat install rpms with all sources.

If any of this is interest to look see https://github.com/barry-scott/scm-workbench/tree/master/Kit

Barry