[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.8 and SIP v4.19.1 Released

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Feb 17 14:48:01 GMT 2017

On 17 Feb 2017, at 2:11 pm, Sibylle Koczian <nulla.epistola at web.de> wrote:

> Am 15.02.2017 um 19:07 schrieb Phil Thompson:
>> PyQt v5.8 and SIP v4.19.1 have been released. There are also new releases of PyQt3D, PyQtChart, PyQtDataVisualization and PyQtPurchasing.
>>
>> The highlight of the release is support for Qt v5.8.0.
>>

> I repeat my mail from last November, because nothing has changed with PyQt 5.8 and Python 3.6. Same OS, same PostgreSQL version. I never got an answer then, so I try again:
>
> I can't get the QPSQL driver to work any more.
>
> Versions of everything: OS is Windows 10, Python 3.5.2, PostgreSQL 9.6.1, PyQt 5.7 installed from PyPi, all of it 64 bit.
>
> This has worked before. I suspect the recent PostgreSQL upgrade from 9.5 to 9.6, is that possible? Or the change from PyQt5 5.6 (Windows binaries from the Riverbank website) to 5.7 (wheels from PyPi)? The database driver dlls are present in the ...\Qt\plugins\sqldrivers of my PyQt5 installation. Moreover I can connect to MSSql using ODBC and to MariaDB.

The old PyQt installers contained a locally built copy of Qt that had the database specific drivers statically compiled with the Qt SQL plugins. The new wheels use the Qt builds provided by the Qt project - those builds use the database specific drivers but don't include them. You need to obtain and install them yourself - usually by installing the database package itself.