[PyQt] PyQt 5.7.1 : pyrcc5 is not portable anymore

Paul atrepaul at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 12:10:41 GMT 2017

Hi,

This is on Windows 7 - 64bit, python 3.5.2.PyQt5-5.7.1 is installed by "pip install PyQt5"

We are trying to upgrade from PyQt5-5.3.1 to PyQt5-5.7.1, but pyrcc5.exe is not portable anymore on 5.7.1.
This works all right :C:\Python35\Scripts\pyrcc5.exe myResources.qrc -o myResources_rc.py
Then, move the "Python35" directory anywhere else, and try again. Now pyrcc5.exe fails, and displays this message :Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using '"'
It's a problem because we use a central location for PyQt/Qt on a file server, all Windows client computers have nothing installed on them (it's really useful when we need to upgrade something, there is only one location to modify).

Is there a way to make pyrcc5 portable again ?

Thanks.