[PyQt] PyQt5==5.7.1 Missing libQt5QuickTest.so.5

Cody Scott cody at perspexis.com
Tue Jan 17 15:49:07 GMT 2017

I'm trying to run QML tests from Python, but I get an error:

$ python qmltests.py
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
:3 plugin cannot be loaded for module "QtTest": Cannot load library
/path/to/python3.5/site-packages/PyQt5/Qt/qml/QtTest/libqmltestplugin.so:
(libQt5QuickTest.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory)

I'm also curious if anyone else has done this. I have custom types in
Python that I need to register for the tests, but I'm not sure how to run
the tests and then load a different .qml file.