[PyQt] Failing to properly install/run Qt 5.8.0, / PyQt 5.7.1 / sip 4.19 / Python3.5 / macOS 10.12.2

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Jan 27 16:28:30 GMT 2017

Hey,

* Sjoerd Bergmans <s_j_o_e_r_d_97 at hotmail.com> [2017-01-26 10:42:41 +0000]:
> I am new to the mailinglist. I am trying the get the combination of Qt
> 5.8.0, / PyQt 5.7.1 / sip 4.19 / Python3.5 to work on my macOS 10.12.2
> (Sierra). I've run into several problems which I've explained in detail
> [1]here at Ask Different.

PyQt 5.7.1 doesn't support Qt 5.8 yet, so you'd need to downgrade Qt
to 5.7.1, or install the PyQt5 wheel from PyPI with pip (which
includes Qt 5.7.1).

> I am hoping anyone on this list might confirm this diagnose and, if so,
> might have any idea on when to expect these updates?

FWIW there's an unofficial patch here:
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2017-January/038665.html
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/attachments/20170124/7013bb0f/attachment.patch

Phil is probably the only one who can say more about official support,
but usually it takes some days or a few weeks at most after a new Qt
release.

Florian