[PyQt] Getting pyqtdeply to work with current homebrew

Patrick Stinson patrickstinson.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 01:32:34 GMT 2017

Hello! it's been a long time, and I am glad to finally have another project
for which to use PyQt...

I am trying to use pyqtdeploy to deploy to iOS. I'm using Qt-5.8,
PyQt-5.7.1, python3.6 installed from homebrew, and pyqtdeploy-1.3.1
installed from pip3. It appears that pyqtdeploy tops out at python3.5,
because it looks for that executable in order to run some of the scripts?

If I symlink python3.5 to python3.6, I get a different error where it can't
find "$SYSROOT/python3.5/lib/_bootstrap.py". Now, while this clearly needs
python3.5, this second error also makes me realize that I am unable to
follow the wording in the pyqtdeploy tutorial about setting up the folder
that my $SYSROOT env variable points to. For example, what goes in there?
Is that documented anywhere?

So a few problems. Thanks!

-Patrick