[PyQt] Building PyQt5 on Windows

Wallboy wallboy at wallboy.ca
Wed Jun 7 13:49:08 BST 2017

Alright, I'll just rebuild with the SSL support

For testing sakes I tried copying my custom built Qt5Web*.dll and
QtWeb*.pyd files and overwriting the PyQt5 wheels version (before
backing them up of course), but I get DLL Import Error: The specified
procedure could not be found. Guess doing that is a no no?

All I really want to do is replace the webengine modules with the custom
ones I built with webrtc disabled. (Works of course from my PyQt5
install directory and my PATH set to my bin directory of my 5.9 build)

And a bit an off topic question. I was testing QtWebEngine with my
custom build and I noticed when resizing a QWebEngineView widget I get
very "glitchy/jumpy" rendering compared to the default PyQt5 wheels
version. Page scrolling is smooth for both. It's just when resizing the
view, it goes all wonky.  Might just be some differences in the Chromium
build versions?

Again, thanks for all your help. Finally starting to see the light at
the end of this tunnel