[PyQt] trying to build PyQt 5.9 dev

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jun 14 01:11:45 BST 2017

But I do have QtWebkit installed.  Sure, I have the Qt version of QtWebkit, but looking at the annulen version I don't see a corresponding Qt 5.9 package, it jumps from a 5.8 preview to a 5.212 alpha.

> On Jun 12, 2017, at 10:59 PM, Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 07:33:40PM -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> So, how do I get it to compile for QtWebKit?  I'm getting an error with verbose:
>>
>> Checking to see if the QtWebKit module should be built...
>> /Users/Shared/unix/qt5.9/5.9/clang_64/bin/qmake -o cfgtest_QtWebKit.mk cfgtest_QtWebKit.pro
>> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkit
>>
>> Checking to see if the QtWebKitWidgets module should be built...
>> /Users/Shared/unix/qt5.9/5.9/clang_64/bin/qmake -o cfgtest_QtWebKitWidgets.mk cfgtest_QtWebKitWidgets.pro
>> Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets
>
> Looks like your Qt doesn't have QtWebKit built. While you're at it, I'd
> highly recommend switching to the maintained QtWebKit fork for security
> and stability: https://github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki
>
> Florian
>
> --
> https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
>   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072  | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
>         I love long mails!  | https://email.is-not-s.ms/

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe