[PyQt] change input keyboard layout

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jun 20 15:18:05 BST 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 04:46:03PM +0300, roman.orlov at zoho.eu wrote:
> I can not change the input keyboard layout in a PyQt5 app.
>
> Example, I write in English. Everything is fine. My keyboard is English, I
> see English letters in PyQt5.
> http://imgur.com/0iGgvv1
>
> I switch the layout to Russian. I want to see Russian letters in PyQt5 app,
> but I see English again. It's bad.
> http://imgur.com/W16Vx5a
>
> What can I do so that when I switch to Russian, I see Russian letters?

Are you using Qt 5.8? If so, you're most likely running into this bug:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59064

It was fixed in Qt 5.9. If you use PyQt from PyPI, you'll need to wait
until Qt/PyQt 5.9.1 are released, unfortunately. Until that happens, you
could downgrade to 5.7.1.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)