[PyQt] SIP does not like "&&foo" rvalue-references.

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Jun 23 08:50:32 BST 2017

On 22 Jun 2017, at 6:03 pm, Shaheed Haque <srhaque at theiet.org> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> SIP 4.19.3.dev1706161918 does not seem to like rvalue-references [1]. Thus:
>
>           Command(Akonadi::Protocol::Command &&other);
>
> results in a syntax error due to the "&&".
>
> Thanks, Shaheed
>
> [1] For the ignorant like me, this was a good place to start:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5481539/what-does-t-double-ampersand-mean-in-c11.
> Though I confess I'm not yet sure I get it...

I'll add it to the TODO list.

However it seems that the most common use case is optimisation and if there is a method like the above then there is probably also a conventional copy ctor. If so then you can't have both as they would have the same Python signature. In which case just ignore the above.