[PyQt] py3qt5 system path

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Mon Jun 26 17:45:25 BST 2017

Hello,

I recently ported my application from Python2 to Python3 and from PyQT4 to
Py3QT5.

For the resources (icons mostly) I keep getting the following error:

rrs at learner:/var/tmp/Debian-Build/Result$ apt-offline-gui
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/apt-offline-gui", line 30, in <module>
    from apt_offline_gui.AptOfflineQtMain import AptOfflineQtMain
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt_offline_gui/AptOfflineQtMain.py",
line 4, in <module>
    from apt_offline_gui.Ui_AptOfflineQtMain import Ui_AptOfflineMain
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apt_offline_gui/Ui_AptOfflineQtMain.py",
line 155, in <module>
    import resources_rc
ImportError: No module named 'resources_rc'
2017-06-26 / 22:19:42 ♒♒♒  ☹  => 1

I am not sure why the resources module is no more resolvable from standard path.
The same module worked fine in Py2QT4. If I append the path to the system path,
things work. But then, they'd get overwritten on every pyuic3 run.

Is this a known issue ? Is there any advise on how to fix this issue ?

Thanks,
Ritesh

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf