[PyQt] Strange abort with function inside custom type

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Mar 21 23:21:21 GMT 2017

On 21 Mar 2017, at 3:42 pm, Cody Scott <cody at perspexis.com> wrote:

> I have a custom type and if there is a function created inside the custom type there is a SIGSEGV
>
> https://gist.github.com/Siecje/ae3f033daca3cfb52d8060dde2a08b91
>
> This is using PyQt5==5.8.1.1

This is a bug but I don't think it is fixable. Trying to integrate QML with (dynamic) Python is never going to work as well as with (static) C++. PyQt does it's best to fool QML into thinking it is talking to C++ but I think this is a step too far. The QML implementation just keeps too much information under the covers.

Generally I'd recommend keeping the QML to a minimum - just use it to implement the view and implement all model and controller code in Python.