[PyQt] [pyqtdeploy] RuntimeError: not holding the import lock

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 20:31:34 GMT 2017

Hi,

We're in process of upgrading our interpreter to 3.6.3 (and patching pyqtdeploy's metadata where needed along the way)/
Currently an attempt to launch a frozen version results in:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 1146, in _install
  File "bootstrap_external.py", line 1450, in _install
  File "bootstrap.py", line 960, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 150, in __enter__
RuntimeError: not holding the import lock
Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: importlib install failed

Is it a known problem? Was it fixed in after the release of 1.3.2?
What steps could we take to determine the cause?

Best Regards,
Ilya Kulakov