[PyQt] PyQt5 5.9 pip wheels depend on Python.framework on OSX

Kristiyan Kanchev skrechy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:21:17 GMT 2017

Hello,

I've noticed that when I install PyQt5 from PyPI using pip every *.so file
in *python-install-dir*/lib/python*.*/site-packages/PyQt5 (such as
QtCore.so, QtGui.co, etc) depends on /Library/Frameworks/Python.fra
mework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so.

The thing is that I'm using python3.5 and don't have that folder. Even
more, I'm using pyenv so I don't even have
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework.

Strangely enough, when running my application from source code, there is no
error about Qt unable to load it's dynamic libraries, but when I want to
freeze the application (make an app bundle for OSX) the freezing software
(I'm using cx_Freeze) tries to copy that dependency, couldn't find it and
fails.

Don't know who's at fault here - cx_Freeze or the way PyQt5 wheel is
packaged. Isn't /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python
3.6/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so supposed to be the same file that is
*python-install-dir*/lib/python*.*/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so? Why this
file depends on itself? This is the reason that I'm posting this bug report
here and not on the cx_Freeze forum.

--
//