[PyQt] Display a QDialog when a QThread start

FERREC Romain romain at elgeekador.tk
Wed Sep 13 10:33:01 BST 2017

Hello,

I use PyQt5 and I'm trying to display a loading window when a QThread is
running. You can find a part of my actual code in attachment.

Each time, the Qdialog is displayed once the QThread is finished, but if I put
the line 11 before all the signals connections, it works (sometimes I have an
output : "QThread::wait: Thread tried to wait on itself", I don't know why).
However it is not a good way to do it.

Here is what I have on my screen : https://gifyu.com/images/
vokoscreen-2017-09-13_09-34-55.gif (don't take care about the numbers in
output).

Thanks you in advance.