[PyQt] Basic serial question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Sep 25 00:35:06 BST 2017

On 25/09/17 01:03, Kyle Altendorf wrote:

Thank you Kyle and Dmitry for your replies.

> You mentioned pyqt4.  Was that a typo?

No, I had some trouble with an earlier version of Eric and Qt5 a few
months ago. I'll investigate Qt5 again.

Thank you Dmitry for you tip on importing QSerialPort, also Qt5 I see.

I wasn't thinking about using QSerialPort and pyserial together. I had
the idea that QSerialPort would be the preferred Qt way of doing things.

Anyway, pyserial does the job and that's all that matters I suppose.

--
Regards,