[PyQt] SIP RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v12.0 to v12.3 but the xxx module requires API v12.4

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:24:39 BST 2018

Hi Phil, hi list,

I have added a home built snapshot of SIP in our Docker container to build
our software.
When building, I get this error

RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v12.0 to v12.3 but the
qgis._core module requires API v12.4

I would like to be sure what it means.
12.4 is the version I built myself (i.e. upcoming 4.19.9).

So does it means, I have another version of SIP floating around?
Or does it means that the other libs (PyQt, QScintilla) have been build
using older SIP and that I have to rebuild them?

Cheers,
Denis