[PyQt] Getting started with pyqtdeploy

Rob rob at pixelinspiration.net
Fri Apr 6 12:21:50 BST 2018

Sorry, no idea what went wrong with the formatting then! Hopefully this is
more readable:

Hi, I'm just trying to work my way through the pyqtdeploy docs and seem to
be falling over at the first hurdle of building a system root using the demo
files provided. I stripped the sysroot.json down to just
android|macos|win#openssl, qt5, python, sip and pyqt5 entries.

Downloaded the following source files:
https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2o.tar.gz
https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/5.10/5.10.1/single/qt-everywhere-src-5.10.1.tar.xz
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.4/Python-3.6.4.tar.xz
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/sip/sip-4.19.8/sip-4.19.8.tar.gz
https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt5/PyQt-5.10.1/PyQt5_gpl-5.10.1.tar.gz

and added to the src directory.

OK, run python build-demo.py, openssl unpacks but then fails:

pyqtdeploy-demo\sysroot-win-32\build\openssl-1.0.2n>perl util\mkdef.pl 32
ssleay  1>ms\ssleay32.def
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\runpy.py",
line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\runpy.py",
line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File
"C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Scripts\pyqtdeploy-sysroot.exe\__main__.py",
line 9
, in <module>
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\pyqtdeploysysroot_main
.py", line 83, in main
    sysroot.build_components(args.component, args.no_clean)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\sysroot.py",
ine 103, in build_components
    component.build(self)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\openss
l.py", line 96, in build
    self._build_win(sysroot, common_options)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\openss
l.py", line 224, in _build_win
    sysroot.run(sysroot.host_make, '-f', 'ms\\nt.mak')
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\sysroot.py",
ine 562, in run
    subprocess.check_call(args)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\subprocess.py",
line 286, in check_call
    retcode = call(*popenargs, **kwargs)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\subprocess.py",
line 267, in call
    with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as p:
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\subprocess.py",
line 709, in __init__
    restore_signals, start_new_session)
  File
"c:\users\*****\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\subprocess.py",
line 997, in _execute_child
    startupinfo)
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Had a look in the openssl tar and sure enough it doesn't have a ssleay32.def
file in there. I checked quite a few other downloads and none of them had.
Bit of googling lead me to this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ayufan/openssl-win32/master/ms/ssleay32.def
I grabbed it and stuck it in the tar but still gave the same error.

So I removed the openssl bit from the sysroot.json. Next run was to build
Qt. This failed after a long time of doing nothing with this error:

Building Qt5 from source
pyqtdeploy-sysroot: unable to unpack
C:\Users\rob.Pixel\Documents\GitHub\Pixel-Internal-QT-Browser\pyqtdeploy-demo\src\qt-everywhere-src-5.10.1.tar.xz

ut looking in the src directory it has unpacked, so frankly baffled and
decided best course of action is to get some advice.

Running Win7 Pro 64bit with Python 3.6.4 installed. Also got Qt 5.10.1
Community Edition installed but have no other C++ related frameworks/build
tools.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,
Rob