[PyQt] How to use Q_NOREPLY on Pyqt5?

Gabriel de Souza Fedel gabriel.fedel at lnls.br
Thu Apr 26 12:14:45 BST 2018

On 25-04-2018 13:46, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2018, at 5:23 pm, Gabriel de Souza Fedel <gabriel.fedel at lnls.br> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using QtDbus, from PyQt5 and would like to use macro Q_NOREPLY ( https://doc.qt.io/qt-5.10/qdbusabstractadaptor.html#Q_NOREPLY )
>>
>> Someone knows how use it with PyQt5 ?
>
> You can't. You have to set the mode to NoBlock when making the call.
>
> Phil

Thank you!

I'm trying to find an way to allow my adaptor doesn't block until some
operation are running (and then could answer another calls)...
Do you know if there is an way to do this? (prefer using some "dbus
resource") ?

Or I need to use something like threads or asynchronous programming for
that?

--
Gabriel Fedel
Software de Operação das Linhas de Luz