[PyQt] [PYQT5]Highlight search results in qtablewidget(select and highlight that text or character not all of the row or column)

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:58:27 BST 2018

This is not easily done.
You'd have to create a custom delegate using a QLabbel and use html in
there.

I have been creating a search tool for tables and ending up highlighting
the whole cell.
The effort and the risk of bad results is just not worth the effort IMHO.

Denis

Le mar. 31 juil. 2018 à 23:05, Maziar Parsijani <maziar.parsijani at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I use method1 to find some text in qtablewidget rows.
>
> method1 :
>
> def FindItem(self):
>     items = self.SuraBRS.findItems(
>         self.SearchTbox.text(), QtCore.Qt.MatchContains)
>     if items:
>         results = '\n'.join(
>             'row %d column %d' % (item.row() + 1, item.column() + 1)
>             for item in items)
>     else:
>         results = 'Found Nothing'
>     print(results)
>
> Now I want to know how to highlight results or change their color.*I want
> to select and highlight that text or character not all of the row or column*
> .

Denis Rouzaud
denis at opengis.ch  <denis at opengis.ch>
+41 76 370 21 22