[PyQt] Android & the pyqtdeploy tool: the provided demo relies on undocumented libraries/headers?

Jonathan Leaders jonathan at leadersandco.com
Wed Aug 22 21:47:43 BST 2018

Hello friends,

PyQt5 is an exciting technology to get to work on Android. I was able to
get python3 + pyqt5 to work via pydroid IDE, but now I need an APK
built. PyQt5 comes with a tool designed to build APK's, called
pyqtdeploy, but it is not clear if it is functional yet. The provided
demo is missing the steps to get from demo to APK.

I am new to pyqtdeploy. Is this the best way to get help? I noticed the
documentation & source archive does include a demo, but does not include
how to get the steps to get the demo working. However I have taken a
stab at it, and I found issues compiling both OpenSSL & SIP. There are
missing libraries & headers.  I have detailed my steps here in a public
forum so that others who have the same issue can hopefully share what
they find:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1067954/how-do-i-compile-and-run-pyqtdeploys-pre-packaged-demo-application

Is there a place I can report this as a bug as well? Is someone in this
list familiar with how to run the pyqtdeploy demo on android?

--

Leaders and Company <http://leadersandco.com>
*Jonathan Leaders <http://jonathanleaders.com>* • Coder