[PyQt] Build issue with PyQt 4.12.3 and Qt 5.11.3

Rakesh Singhal rakesh.singhal at druva.com
Fri Dec 28 14:14:16 GMT 2018

Hi all,

I have installed Qt 5.11.3 and sip. Downloaded PyQt 4.12.3 and ran command
to configure. We are using commercial license for PyQt. Got following error
during make:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++
-c -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -fno-exceptions -O2 -std=gnu++11  -arch x86_64
-isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk
-mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -Wall -W -fPIC
-DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x04ffff -DSIP_PROTECTED_IS_PUBLIC
-Dprotected=public -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB
-DQT_TESTLIB_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB
-DQT_TESTCASE_BUILDDIR='"/Users/rakesh/Downloads/PyQt4_commercial_mac-4.12.3/QtTest"'
-I. -I.
-I/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7
-I/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers
-I/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers
-I/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/lib/QtTest.framework/Headers
-I/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers -I.
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers
-I/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Headers
-I/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/mkspecs/macx-clang -F/opt/local/Qt-5.11.3/lib -o
sipQtTestQTest.o sipQtTestQTest.cpp
/Users/rakesh/Downloads/PyQt4_commercial_mac-4.12.3/QtTest/sipQtTestQTest.cpp:190:23:
error: no member named 'waitForEvents' in namespace
      'QTest'
             ::QTest::waitForEvents();
             ~~~~~~~~~^
1 error generated.
make[1]: *** [sipQtTestQTest.o] Error 1
make: *** [sub-QtTest-make_first-ordered] Error 2

Are these versions of PyQt4 and Qt are compatible?
Which version of Qt and PyQt I should use to make it work?

Thanks and regards,
Rakesh Singhal

individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and permanently delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, late or incomplete, or
could contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request
a hard-copy version from the sender. Druva, www.druva.com
<http://www.druva.com/>

the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended