[PyQt] pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Unable to find an installation of Python v2.7

Neil Jansen neil.jansen at rockwellcollins.com
Wed Feb 7 18:29:59 GMT 2018

I'm trying to get the demo pyqtdeploy project working, and have hopefully
gotten past the openssl building step in my previous email.

Now I'm getting the following:

------------------
Building Qt5 from source
pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Unable to find an installation of Python v2.7.
------------------

My build setup, architecture, dependencies are as follows:
- OS and architecture: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, running on Intel Core
i7-4790, 16GB memory
- Python version: Python 3.5.1
- Compiler suite: VS2015 x64
- pyqtdeploy version: 2.1 from pypi
- qt5 version: qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.3.tar.xz

It appears that the Qt5Component._build_from_source() in
lib\site-packages\pyqtdeploy\sysroot\plugins\qt5.py is hard-coded to use
Python 2.7's path when configuring and making, and installing qt5.

Why does building Qt5 require Python 2.7 to be on the PATH?  Especially
when pyqtdeploy requires Python 3.3 or later?  I didn't think that building
Qt5 required Python in any way at all.

Is it possible to build Qt5 without Python 2.7 installed?  If so, how do I
go about doing that, especially since the 2.7 version callout above is
hard-coded into the library?  Can those lines be removed?