[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.11.2 and SIP v4.19.11 Released

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 2 20:59:14 BST 2018

Hi Phil!

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 02:56:57PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> PyQt v5.11.2 has been released along with PyQt3D, PyQtChart,
> PyQtDataVisualisation and PyQtPurchasing. For details see...
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/news/pyqt-5112
>
> Note that the enum34 package from PyPI must be installed for versions of
> Python prior to v3.4.
>
> SIP v4.19.11 has also been released. For details see...
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/news/sip-41911

Two unrelated questions.

1) Now that siplib/sip.h is no longer generated, it does not exist in the
build directory. Please apply the attached patch to install it from source
directory instead.

2) With these releases, I am seeing PyQt5 import failures with Python 3.5
on Windows:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/mitya57/retext/build/1.0.217/job/tyw6ceps2o925eq9

  File "c:\projects\retext\ReText\__init__.py", line 24, in <module>
    from PyQt5.QtCore import QByteArray, QLocale, QSettings, QStandardPaths
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Do you know what could cause this?

--
Dmitry Shachnev