[PyQt] PyQt5 examples not exiting

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Jul 11 09:30:13 BST 2018

On Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 11:13:15 Donald Schwartfeger wrote:
> Running the script 'pyqtver.py' in your reply(Hans-Peter's) gives-
>
> $ python pyqtver.py
> Python: 3.6.5
> Sip: 4.19.8
> Qt: 5.11.1
> PyQt: 5.10.1
>
> and for python2-
>
> $ python2 pyqtver.py
> Python: 2.7.15
> Sip: 4.19.8
> Qt: 5.11.1
> PyQt: 5.10.1

Here, it's:

Python: 3.6.5
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

and

Python: 2.7.15
Sip: 4.19.8
Qt: 5.11.1
PyQt: 5.10.1

and no, I didn't c'n'p'ed your values :-), I'm using a openSUSE deviative
here, but cannot reproduce your issue from a cursory check.

Does it happen for any example or for specific ones? Have you tried a
different shell? Attached is a pretty minimal example for further testing..

You should also raise this issue in your distro's support channels in order to
get more data points, and keep us informed about new insights from there.

Cheers,
Pete