[PyQt] Any way to run code before each QThread?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jul 16 12:57:24 BST 2018

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 01:52:38PM +0200, Chris Pezley wrote:
> You can track all instances of a class in python by creating a cache which
> is populated when __new__ is called:
>
>     [...]

You need to use your custom MyQThread subclass everywhere for it to work
though - in the case of coverage.py, I'm guessing users don't want their
code to change (and depend on coverage.py) just to measure coverage.

(coverage.py could monkeypatch the QThread class like apparently Eric
and Wing IDE do, but I assume that comes with some nasty gotchas)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)