[PyQt] Android build failing with Python 3.6.4

Kálmán Viktor viktorvector at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:08:02 BST 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to build my application using pyqtdeploy 2.1, ndk r10e with
android platform 21.
Building sysroot succeeds but building the application fails, the error I
get is

grpmodule.o:grpmodule.c:function grp_getgrall: error: undefined reference
to 'setgrent'
grpmodule.o:grpmodule.c:function grp_getgrall: error: undefined reference
to 'getgrent'
grpmodule.o:grpmodule.c:function grp_getgrall: error: undefined reference
to 'endgrent'
grpmodule.o:grpmodule.c:function grp_getgrall: error: undefined reference
to 'endgrent'

If I manually "empty" the function (so it just creates a PyObject and
returns it) things seem to work but it might bite me back later in a form
of some weird errors.

My json file I used to build my sysroot

{
    "Description": "A skeleton sysroot specification.",

    "qt5": {
        "android#qt_dir":           "/home/name/Qt/*/android_armv7"
    },
    "python": {
        "build_host_from_source":true,
        "build_target_from_source": true,
        "source": "Python-3.6.4.tar.xz"
    },

    "sip": {
        "source": "sip-4.19.8.tar.gz"
    },

    "pyqt5": {
        "android#disabled_features":    [
                "PyQt_Desktop_OpenGL", "PyQt_Printer", "PyQt_PrintDialog",
                "PyQt_PrintPreviewDialog", "PyQt_PrintPreviewWidget"
        ],
        "source": "PyQt5_gpl-5.10.1.tar.gz",
        "android#modules":              [
                "QtCore", "QtGui", "QtNetwork", "QtQml", "QtQuick",
"QtSvg", "QtWidgets",
                "QtAndroidExtras"
        ]
    }
}

Also somewhat not relevant question but when is the next PyPi release
expected? The current one does not support Python 3.6.5 but as I saw the
pyqtdeploy source it already does.