[PyQt] PyQt 5.11: Connecting to QAbstractItemModel::headerDataChanged fails

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jun 23 17:23:44 BST 2018

Hey,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 06:10:36PM +0200, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> QObject::connect: No such signal
> Editor::marginClicked(int,int,KeyboardModifiers)

I assume Editor::marginClicked is a custom signal? How is it defined?

FWIW, as a workaround I added a definition of the headerDataChanged
signal to my model subclasses, like so:

    class CompletionModel(QAbstractItemModel):

        if PYQT_VERSION == 0x050b00:
            headerDataChanged = pyqtSignal(Qt.Orientation, int, int)

        def __init__(self, ...):

I'm not sure what happens when the model actually gets emitted (from
either Qt or PyQt), but at least that allows pytest-qt to connect to it
again.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)