[PyQt] Installing PyQt 4 from source

ashwin .D winash12 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:40:38 GMT 2018

Hello,
           I am trying to install Py Qt from source on Ubuntu 16.04. I have
previously installed qmake under the following directory

/usr/local/TrollTech/Qt-4.7.8/bin/qmake. However when I run python3.5
configure-ng.py I get this message

qmake: could not exec '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake': No such
file or directory
Error: PyQt4 requires Qt v4.1.0 or later. Use the --qmake flag to specify
the
correct version of qmake. If you are sure you are using Qt v4 then try the
configure.py script instead of this one.
Querying qmake about your Qt installation...

There is an existing /usr/bin/qmake which came with Ubuntu I presume which
does not work for whatever reasons. My installation sits in a different
directory as pointed above. How do I modify my configure-ng.py script so it
picks up my version of qmake and not the system one ?

I have root privileges on this box and I am the sole user.

 I modified this line

 pipe = os.popen(' '.join([qmake, '-query']))

and changed it to ' pipe = os.popen('
'.join(['/usr/local/TrollTech/Qt-4.7.8/bin/qmake', '-query']))

but this does not seem to work either. When I run this on my tcsh that
command prints the information without any error.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Regards,
Ashwin.