[PyQt] PyQt 5.10.1 pyrcc5 problem

anton.kustov anton.kustov at banuba.com
Tue Mar 20 14:08:34 GMT 2018

After updating to PyQt 5.10.1 pyrcc5 stopped working properly. Output *.py
doesn't contain changes in qml file placed in .qrc. It works normal only on
first launch (after intalling PyQt5 5.10.1 on my venv) and one more time.
After that output files doesn't seem to contain my qml changes (i.e. Label
text, Window title, any...).

Steps to reproduce:
1. Call pyrcc5 (pyrcc5 -o resources.py resources.qrc) and run application.
2. Close application.
3. Make any changes in qml.
4. Call pyrcc5 (pyrcc5 -o resources.py resources.qrc) and run application.
5. Close application.
6. Make any changes in qml.
7. Call pyrcc5 (pyrcc5 -o resources.py resources.qrc) and run application.

Expected result: Changes applied to the application.
Actual result: Nothing changed since last pyrcc5 call.

Deleting of output file (resources.py) before pyrcc5 call doesn't affect the
result.

--
Sent from: http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/PyQt-f1792048.html