[PyQt] Embed PyQt view in Qt window

Keith Lostracco keith at intentdev.io
Tue Mar 20 22:52:06 GMT 2018

I am in the process of designing an application that will be built in C++.

The app will have an embedded python interpreter for rapid development of
algorithms.

The application GUI will be built with Qt.

I'm thinking of coming up with a rapid workflow where a developer could use
QtCreator to design a small UI with some input fields, sliders, button
etc.. then run a function that calls uic and make a Python class. The user
loads the path to the file (or it that is automated as well) and the GUI
module is expose their Python script they are creating.

As far as I can tell this should all work fine but at when the PyQt is
executed, from our Python program in our embedded Python interpretor in our
C++ application, it will load a floating window.

Is there way to load PyQt within a Qt window in our Python embedded
application?

That way the widgets would appear to be part of our main application.

thanks
Keith