[PyQt] qt designer bug in both pyqt4 and pyqt5 for windows

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Tue Nov 6 16:48:55 GMT 2018

On 2018-11-06 09:22, Ben Phillips wrote:
> I can see that the pyqt5.dll is loaded now, however I can't find out
> how to import my custom widget plugins written in python. I have tried
> setting the PYQTDESIGNERPATH to the path where my plugins are located
> but Qt Designer does not register the plugin?

You should be able to do it via `PYQTDESIGNERPATH` but first try:

   myenv\Scripts\pyqt5designer --example-widget-path

If you see the example widget in Designer at the end of the list then
good, otherwise...  :[  If you do try:

   myenv\Scripts\pyqt5designer --widget-path c:\blue\red

Where `c:\blue\red` is a directory containing your widgetplugin.py
files.  You can specify multiple as needed.  I haven't gotten many
people to test this version yet but I'm still getting some success and
some failure.  I guess I've still got some dependency not figured out.

Cheers,
-kyle