[PyQt] QFileOpenEvent on mac -- working?

Calin Culianu calin.culianu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 22:21:31 BST 2018

Florian,

You are right. It does work on your app.  I just downloaded it and tested
it.  So this definitely isn't a bug in PyQt.

The only thing I can think of is how we package our app versus how yours is
packaged.

Yours uses a more standard approach in having all the libs and files in the
.app bundle and your main "executable" is exposed.

Our app does this pyinstaller monolithic packaging.  Our Electron Cash (and
its parent app, Electrum) are both "monolithic" files in Contents/MacOS
created by pyinstaller.  Internally I believe this executable ends up
unpacking all the files and re-executing itself as the unpacked version.

This could be the culprit -- and not any bug in PyQt!

Thanks so much for providing your app as an example.  I feel I'm getting
closer to solving this problem now.. I hope.

-Calin