[PyQt] QThread issue

Bleier, Leor Z. (GSFC-5820) leor.z.bleier at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 6 15:41:37 BST 2018

(Not sure this got through the first time, sorry if duplicate)

Hello,
I have PyQt 5.11.2 installed via pip, and qt 5.9.6 installed via miniconda. As of version 5.10, Qt supports a "create" function in QThread, but when I try to use this I get an error saying that "create" is not an existing attribute. If the 5.11.2 wheel includes Qt libraries, shouldn't this functionality also be included? The PyQt libraries aren't being built against the qt 5.9 I have installed, are they? What am I missing? Thanks.

Leor Bleier
Computer Engineer
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Flight Software Systems Branch – Code 582
Greenbelt, MD 20771
P: 301-286-6634
F: 301-286-1768