[PyQt] Haiku: SIP crash

Zoltán Mizsei zmizsei at extrowerk.com
Tue Apr 2 09:20:02 BST 2019

Hi guys,

i am with the HaikuPorts team here, and made the ports originally for
Calibre, wich based on PyQT.
I already got it work some time ago, even got my Haiku patches
upstreamed, but it is bitrotted a bit, so i started to work on it
again.

I already ported the most important Python modules, and the e-book
viewer part works already, but the main progam crashing at start.
Calibre bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1821541
HiakuPorts issue: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/3717

I built SIP and PyQT with debug enabled, now i seethe following before
the crash:

python2: /sources/sip-4.19.15/siplib/siplib.c:9371:
sip_api_can_convert_to_type: td == NULL || sipTypeIsClass(td) ||
sipTypeIsMapped(td)
[1] 1975 SIGKILLTHR /Ports/Inst/Calibre2/bin/calibre

I have found bugreports with the same problem but the only solution
was: Use the official Calibre build, which is impossible our case, as
there is no official build for Haiku yet.

Our current Qt port is: 5.12.2
The current Python port is: 2.7.15 and 3.6.7 (3.7 is in the pipeline
already)
The current PyQT port is: 5.12.1
And SIP is: 4.19.15

Do you guys have any idea, what should i do?

Our current
SIP: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/tree/master/dev-python/sip
and
PyQT recipes: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/tree/master/dev-