[PyQt] Packaging with sip5

Antonio Rojas arojas at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 13 11:30:49 GMT 2019

El viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2019 12:22:50 (CET) Phil Thompson escribió:
> > With SIP4 I did:
> > ./configure.py
> > make
> > make install DESTDIR=foo
> > The first two commands don't do anything outside the build tree, only
> > the last one cares about the target install dir.
> >
> > The same commands work with sip5, but IIUC configure.py is deprecated
> > and one should use sip-build now. What I'm looking for is a way to
> > build pyqt inside the build tree (similar to the old configure.py +
> > make) that doesn't try to write to the target dir.
>
> As I said, the Makefile should be very similar so invoke make in the
> same way.
>
> Phil

Yes, I got that. The probem here is the "doesn't try to write to the target dir" part, because as I said above, 'sip-build --no-make' fails if the target dir is not writable (as it is the case for us: we have separate build and install stages and the target install dir is not writable during the build stage). So I can't simply replace configure.py with 'sip-build --no-make' - this command fails so I don't even get the chance to run make.