[PyQt] pyqtdeploy demo -- qmake error

alan moore me at alandmoore.com
Fri Feb 1 19:09:42 GMT 2019

I'm going through the pyqtdeploy demo from
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy and everything works fine
until I get to the build step.

When I try to run qmake in the build directory, I get this:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: charts datavisualization purchasing

I made sure that I downloaded the sources for those modules, and there
were no errors during the building of the sysroot. $SYSROOT/qt/lib/
contains .a, .la, and .prl files for libQt5Charts,
libQt5DataVisualization, and libQt5Purchasing (I assume that fact is
significant?).

I am doing this on 64 bit Linux.

I did notice that the latest Python source is 3.7.2, and the highest
listed in the pyqtdeploy GUI is 3.7.1.  I edited the .pro file to point
to the correct source path, but this made no difference.

Any advice?