[PyQt] Dev setup on windows

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:19:53 GMT 2019

How are others developing pyqt apps with sip extensions on windows? I have done this many ways the last 15 years, but it has always been a pain.

Developing a sip extension means you can’t use the qt/python binary installers because you don’t get the sip/python/qt headers and libs. But it is unclear how to install python/sip to a sysroot when building from source. But maybe I’m missing something from that route?

Or is pyqtdeploy-sysroot adequate for development as well as building a static release? I am still working through number of build issues on a vanilla install there so haven’t tried it yet.

Or maybe someone has a wiki outlining the dependencies and steps to get such a dev sysroot up?

Thanks!
-Patrick