[PyQt] Fwd: QObject::connect: Parentheses expected, signal Actor::

Maxime Lemonnier maxime.lemonnier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:10:15 GMT 2019

When I derive a class from QObject and use it from qml, I get annoying
warnings if I declare a property in the qml declaration, and bind that
property anywhere.

I get one

'QObject::connect: Parentheses expected, signal MyClass::'

per binding, which can amount to a lot. so many in fact that it slows down
startup time of my app significantly (.5s on Linux, 15-20s on Windoze).

I can fix it by deriving from QQuickItem instead, but then I hit a
mysterious:

'TypeError: a maximum of 30 QQuickItem types may be registered with QML'

Where does this limitation comes from?, I get no hit from google on it.

thank you

(I sent this message once, but I forgot I unsubscribed to mailing list, so
I'm resending it since it does not appear in the archive, sorry If I
double-sent)